7 Easy Tricks to Form Habits for the New Year
New year is another chance for us to make it count no matter the circumstances. And one of the most successful ways to make that happen is to form great “habits.”
The habits we live by in our daily lives, directly affect how we feel about ourselves – mentally, physically and emotionally. Good habits make us feel more secure, healthy and productive in life. Here are some very easy-to-follow tips to build new habits that make you the person you want to be in the following year.
- Start Simple: You don’t have to move mountains from the first day on. To form a long-lasting habit, it’s important to first start small and simple. Remember baby steps in the right direction, brings compounded benefits toward your goal.
- 21-Day Rule – This is one of the most popular methods to build a habit. The rule is so simple. Commit to a specific personal goal for 21 straight days. After three weeks, the pursuit of that goal should have become a habit. A step forward is to do it for 90 days and you will be unstoppable.
- Write It Down – Writing is committing. When you write your goals down, you tend to follow and stick to them more. Writing also makes your ideas more clear and focuses you on your end result.
- Get A Partner – Ever heard of this quote, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” It actually holds true because having someone who will go along with you will keep you motivated and help you form a long-lasting habit.
- Get Inspired: Surround yourself with people who inspire you. It’s true that we are an average of people who we surround ourselves with. Spend more time with people who model the habits you want to mirror. Studies have found that we become what we spend the most time around.
- Share Small Achievements: Making other people know about your accomplishments helps you to take responsibility for keeping up with that commitment. Before you even realize it, you are already doing things to keep up with that commitment. Try this one and you will see good habits forming in a snap.
- Get Support: It’s understandable that forming habits can be sometimes difficult because of any limitations or the baggage we carry, be it past failures or emotional states. It’s important to know that you are not alone. Getting help is okay and there are people and resources out there willing to help you achieve what you want. We at Heyday have the only goal to put people first, and let them be themselves. It’s been our goal in 2022 and it will remain our mission for the years to come. If you’re going through something that’s stopping you from forming habits to become a better version of yourself, it’s a good idea to contact us and see how we can help. Remember the quote again, “If you want to go far, go together.”